Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88

Thread: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

  1. #31
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    Well it was one of the reasons I was upset.The way I read it I took it as if the staff put the handcuffs on the child.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IBA WILDCAT*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can protect my children and still disapline them. </div></div>

    Here is a simple fact, you can protect your children, and that's great. If your kids were not in control, and 8 suspensions doesn't quite sound like that one is, who protects other peoples kids?

    You also mention you can discipline then, well guess what, administrators really can't. So while you can and may discipline yours, what about the other parents who don't.

    The worst kids at school were the ones that the parents thought weren't.

    I'm curious, a 9 year old kid or whatever is violent, you're the one responsible for control, what do you do? You can't touch them because then you'll be at fault. So what would you do, since you're so set in stone that was wrong.

    The 'oh they are a good kid' defense is what has lead to school shootings and such over the years.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    As a teacher or member of a school administration, you can't handcuff a child...but the authorities sure can. I've seen em carried out more than once kickin and sqwalin... IMO, they need to send the kid off for a couple of weeks, and let granny and the parents take a seminar to learn how to raise a respectful child.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #34
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    If you have some free time, you should volunteer or substitute for a week. Most folks don't understand how a school functions and I promise it would make for an eye-opening and educational experience. I won't sit here and try to tell you that all educators are perfect little angels, but most of us are well-versed in what we can and cannot do in reference to student discipline. It's just too dicey a subject to take a chance. There are always exceptions, but teachers who care about their future employment would not do something like this.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    No I never want to be in that kind of predicament either.And I guess that is another good reason that an adult not lay a hand on my child.I know my kids have said and done wrong as well as all other children....But mistakes don't make them a bad child.

    I can understand where everyone is going with this childs behavior being bad at times.But still...I guess, I just feel sorry for him.My heart goes out to lil ones like this and I just can't help my feelings for him.I don't even know this kid and I feel like judging a child so young is sad.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    I would give anything to be able to take some of these troubled kids to ROSP and give them a walk and listen. Obviously, due to our security level, that can never happen, but it would be a trip, especially for the "tough teens". We got your "scared straight" right there [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]. It's the folks who think that their "sweet little angels could do no wrong" who end up with the shock of a lifetime. I have escorted some dang good people to the visitation room whose biggest weakness was thinkin that their sons were "good kids"
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #37
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    Guess it's better then to wait til they act out like the kids did at Columbine or like Cho did at VT before we judge them....?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #38
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    I suspect the kid needs to be suspended for a ninth, and final, time. Tell great-Granny to educate him herself.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    IMO they need to bring corporal punishment back into the schools...and set a high mark to clear for a parent to even consider a lawsuit. For years, principals could correct the mistakes moms and dads made not disciplining their children....since that time passed, we have all these "new phenomena" of kids shooting kids, kids shooting off at the mouth, and a general lack of respect for anything or anybody. I guarantee if James Bolling had gotten the chance to light em up they'd have changed their tunes. Just the thought of that sting makes me want to break my toenails off in the insoles of my shoes..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #40
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed

    I agree with corporal punishment, and I also think that administrators are going to have to move beyond the concept of keeping all kids in school just for the money. Someone will sue them one day because their kid hasn't received an adequate education, and maybe then they'll make some hard decisions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •